- Zachariah Levine, Paul Roelandt, Jodie Hugentobler, Mike Shamo, Cory MacNulty, Zachary Bolick
- Convener: Zachariah Levine, Phone: 760-889-2623, Email: , Title: Univ of Utah PhD. Candidate
- There is potential to convene a meeting that could be hosted by the Moab chamber of commerce in order to help fill the "visioning" gap that exists there.
- This group could help produce a document that offers guidance and best practices for developing communities.
- Did Dean Cook believe Springdale could serve as a model for putting together a best practices document?
- Springdale has been successful at developing its community in that it has put into place effective business and zoning restrictions. Despite this there are still issues there such as the cost of living and the cost of doing business.
- NPCA may be able to offer some sort of facilitation training.
- Cory and Zach will be outlining a budget and then pursuing future funding for things such as a website and events.
- Paul has been involved in a number complex community development processes and can reach out to Nature Conservancy who has experience doing these sorts of things.
- This group might consider hosting a multiday workshop that involves producing deliverables by the end of it. It might be necessary to bring in more expertise for a project like this.
- Zachariah will follow up with a doodle poll for a January meeting.
- Mike and Zachariah will help prepare an agenda for the next meeting with a list of major issues that need to be discussed.
- Paul wants us to think about producing a template regarding "what works and what doesn't" with community development.