- Paul Roelandt, Mike Shamo, Zacharia Levine
- To discuss the creation of a QOL survey, and how it will be implemented through the gateway community forum.
Three resources are discussed in this meeting
- QOL survey from Burlington, VT and follow-up report (provided by Resford Rouzer, conducted through ecological economics class at University of Vermont)
- Appreciative Inquiry-based approach to QOL in the Grand Staircase-Escalante region (provided by Paul Roelandt, conducted through a community development group at Arizona State University and BLM-Grand Staircase [Jeff Beale])
- Journal article: Exploring the Nature of Tourism and Quality of Life Perceptions among Residents by Kathleen L. Andereck and Gyan P. Nyaupane (provided by Kelly Bricker)
- Target audience: Gateway Community Forum participants
- Online questionnaire
- Goal: Identify communities that are ripe for exploration of quality of life components
Sample Questions to Gateway Community Forum Participants
PLEASE MODIFY/ADD TO THIS LIST
- To your knowledge, and within the last 10 years, has your community completed any formal process(es) to identify, preserve, or enhance quality of life factors? If no, skip to question 4.
- On a scale of 1-10, do residents view the processes as successes (10) or failures (1)?
- On a scale of 1-10, do residents view the outcomes as successes (10) or failures (1)?
- Would your community benefit from a formalized effort to identify its unique quality of life factors?
- If yes, who should we contact next?
- When is the best time (season) to distribute household surveys in your community?
- On a scale of 1-10, how ready is your community to consider quality of life (1-not ready, 10-very ready)?
- Please rank the following QOL factors in terms of importance to your community (options).
- Develop locality-specific quality of life survey(s)
- Develop plan of action with community leader(s)
- Resources needed to accomplish community assessment
- Monday, June 23rd @ 11am