- Nancy Dalton, Shirley Torgerson, Rick Wixom, Cory MacNulty, Zachary Bolick
- Convener: Nancy Dalton, Phone: 435.463.3735, Email: , Title: Scenic Byways Coordinator
- New chances to form relationships between communities and parks because of leadership turnover.
- Would like to continue a strong relationship with parks and develop new and creative branding ideas/strategies.
- NPS units draw in visitors—how do the communities that provide the amenities to these places tap into that and become associated with the parks.
- Provide support in any way possible in order to help the group realize its goals
- There are opportunities for this group to be involved in networking and the dissemination of information; what has and hasn't worked regarding Branding
Forum Branding Discussion Review
- Spoke about the need to host community level events so that people are on the same page about community identity...this needs to include the NPS.
- There could be value in figuring out a way to document or share Branding best practices, successes and failures, and best methods
Ideas for Branding team
We could pick a specific project that involves looking toward the 2016 centennial
- How do we involve smaller and less known communities in broader centennial promotion efforts?
- Springdale has had past successes involving the celebration of centennials with Zion
- This team could potentially piggy back off of the Office of Tourism's efforts to promote the centennial
- There is a national campaign involving a market firm that the NPS is going to use to promote the centennial. How do we tie into that
- Figure out a way to use the centennial on our printed materials and social media sites
- Should we bring this up at the Utah State Tourism conference in May? Yes, but we should touch base with Nan Anderson and even consider a breakout session.
- Association of Partners for Public Lands meeting is being held in February. The team could potentially tie into this in some fashion or another
- Rick is going to email out helpful materials to the group regarding the marketing of Springdale
- Cory will check in with Lesha as to whether or not she has electronic versions of some of her outreach materials.
- We should send a feeler out to the entire directory regarding successes and failures of gateway branding.
- Nancy will send out meeting notes and Zach will help to schedule a time for the next meeting in January.